Today, Bing announced the Bing for Mobile Android App. Significantly, Bing also announced that Verizon will launch new Android devices pre-loaded with the Bing for Mobile app over the coming months.
Here's what you can do with the Bing for Mobile Android App:
- Bing Daily Image: A background image with hot spots, just like on the desktop destination page. A nice feature is that you can swipe through the last seven days of images.
- Maps: Maps, driving directions and traffic information "so you can find where you are and get where you are going". Local business search and an auto-locate feature, show your current location and businesses nearby.
- Favorites: Save your favorite places and businesses in 'Favorites' to retrieve and chart them on the map.
- Instant Answers: Quick answers for movies, stocks quotes, flight status and local business listings without needing to trawl through links.
- Image Search: Non-paginated results, so you can scroll 'endlessly' through pictures.
- Voice Activated Search: say what local info you want to find into the mic.
Bing's Mobile App for Android follows the success of the equivalent app for iPhone, which has been downloaded over 4.5 million times. Check out the Bing blog for screenshots of the Android app.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 5 December to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.