Okay you no doubt have had all sorts of suggestions on things to do for Valentine's Day - buy roses and chocolates and make dinner reservations, but there needs to be a list of things not to do - that can offer some advise to both people in a relationship or not.
So here are the Top Ten Digital Things Not To Do On Valentine's Day
10. Don't start trolling Craigslist Casual Encounters if you don't have a date - the day after regrets are a lot more painful.
9. Don't spend all night tweeting - the messages will get more bitter as your night rolls on. That goes for Facebook and any other social site.
8. Don't start looking at online photos of your ex - why be depressed by their happiness without you.
7. Don't buy multiple same gifts of jewelry - sooner or later if the people have a chance to meet they will and this can really go wrong - did this once (gave GF and just female friend the same necklace and sure enough one night the friend wore and the GF saw - end of relationship).
6. Don't use Urbanspoon random restaurant picker for Valentine dinner - you need to spend a little more thought.
5. Don't have gifts delivered on day in a plain brown box - you should get them sent to you early and go the extra mile and wrap.
4. Don't propose on Valentine's Day - why associate this commercial day with your relationship - and just raises expectations of what you will do every Valentine's Day in the future.
3. Don't plagiarize a poem from online - if you can't write one yourself don't bother. Buy a book of love poetry and offer to read them to her/him.
2. Don't get exercise equipment or gym memberships - if I have to explain that you more than likely don't have someone to buy them for.
1. DO NOT tweet, IM or drunk or sober dial your ex - you come off as a stalker or just look really bad. And if you have any fame you could end up in the papers looking even more pathetic.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!