The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) has programmed a forum and track at SES New York 2011. The IAB is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies who are responsible for selling 86 percent of online advertising in the United States.
"There are so many critical changes taking place in the advertising industry that it's hard to keep up," Matt McGowan, Managing Director of Americas for Incisive Media, said in a press release. "The (IAB's) specialized networks and exchanges track will save anyone working in this arena a lot of time and effort, and the forum is perfect for local advertising professionals."
Jay Sears, General Manager of ContextWeb and co-chair of the IAB Networks and Exchanges Committee, added, "We're particularly interested in participating in SES New York at this juncture of our committee because we will only be days away from certification against the new IAB Quality Assurance Guidelines. It will give us a great opportunity to hear from our constituents in the ad networks and exchanges community."
The IAB Forum is Monday, March 21. It consists of a full day of sessions on Local Advertising, including a keynote speech by Warren Webster, President of Patch by AOL.
Following the Webster keynote, there will be five sessions in the IAB Forum:
- "Geofences make good customers: Mobile targeting and local results" will present ideas on how to drive the right local audience to commercial opportunities.
- "When it rains, it pours: Using apps to drive mobile and iPad engagement" will let attendees in on the first industry-wide study of the intersection between mobile and tablet devices and user engagement in the away-from-home market.
- "Back at the wheel: How big auto drives sales" will deliver information about how to use display, local and onsite-search to drive local sales.
- "Clip and save: Group buying, digital couponing and content that works" will address the group-buying craze and how marketers can incorporate it into their marketing campaigns.
- "In El Barrio: Reaching US Hispanics where they live and shop" will present ideas for going after the $1 trillion purchasing power of the US Hispanic market.
On Tuesday, March 22, the IAB has programmed a track that features some of the leading voices in the advertising industry who will be examining the latest trends and opportunities in ad networks and ad exchanges.
The four sessions in the IAB track are:
- "Meet the Buyers: Defining Quality in the Buying Experience" -- Chuck Moran, CMO of BURST Media, will moderate a discussion among leading New York City digital buyers about what they are looking for in an ad network or ad exchange.
- "The QAGies Are Coming: The Movement for Quality in Display Advertising" -- Rob Rasko, President and COO of CPX Interactive and co-chair of the Quality Assurance Guidelines Go-To-Market Working Group, will moderate a discussion about what it will mean to certify against the IAB Quality Assurance Guidelines starting in April 2011.
- "The AAAA Digital Committee Speaks About Quality" -- David Jacobs, Senior VP of Publisher Services, Advertising.com and Jay Sears, co-chairs of the IAB Networks and Exchanges Committee, will moderate a discussion among representatives from the 4As Digital Committee: Agency.com, Digitas, Kirshenbaum, MEC, MediaSmith, Moxie, Neo, OMD, and Starcom about the relative importance of transparency, control and simplicity in partnering with ad networks and exchanges.
- "RTB, DSP, ATD, WTF: Finding Quality in a Sea of Solutions" -- Jay Sears will moderate a discussion with demand side platform leaders about the role demand side platforms play in the digital media supply chain.
If you register for SES New York 2011 as well as the IAB forum and session track before March 21, you can receive the pre-show discount and save up to $200.
There was also an IAB Forum at SES San Francisco 2010 during Connected Marketing Week. Jamie O'Donnell of SEO-PR interviewed Sears about ad networks and exchanges following the event.
I should disclose that SES is a client of my agency. But trust me on the IAB Forum and Track.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!