Here's a roundup of today's other search news and headlines from around the web, sorted by category.
- +1's: the right recommendations right when you want them--in your search results - Official Google Blog
- Google's Value To US Users And Advertisers Is Over $119B Per Year, According To Google - TechCrunch
- Google Talk Guru - Google Operating System
- Future Gmail Option: Disable Auto-Adding Contacts - Google Operating System
- How fast is the Internet at Google? Mind blowing. - The Next Web
- How Backed Up Are Google News Publisher Approvals? - Search Engine Roundtable
- Apple, Google, Twitter Execs Part of Palindrome's "Giving Pledge" for the Non-Billionaire Set - Fast Company
- Ultra high-speed broadband is coming to Kansas City, Kansas - Official Google Blog
- Bing it on Firefox 4 - Bing Search Blog
- Yahoo Search Trends: Final Four - Yahoo Search Blog
Search Engine Optimization
- SERP Scraping for Fun and Profit Case Study: Facebook - Explicitly Me
- Why aren't geographic target and query parameters specified in robots.txt? - GoogleWebmasterHelp YouTube Channel
- Google Comparison Ads: Friend or Foe? - Efficient Frontier Insights
- The +1 button & AdWords - Inside AdWords
Analytics & ROI
- The 8 Best Web Analytics Tools of 2011 - SingleGrain
- Link Anatomy - Understanding The Value Of A Link - SEOmoz
- Give Me Nice Toiletries, Get Nice Link - SEO Chicks
- Google Officially Ends Support For QR Code in Places - Understanding Google Maps & Local Search
- Google Canada offers SMBs a 'net' - Google Small Business Blog
- When in Rome: New Street View imagery of historic sites in Italy and France - Official Google Blog
- Word of Mouth: Introducing Voice Search for Indonesian, Malaysian and Latin American Spanish - Google Mobile Blog
- Google Tests Fate in China as Mapping Application Deadline Looms - Bloomberg Businessweek
SES Conference & Expo
- MycroBurst offers thousands of graphic designs from freelancers at SES New York 2011 - SESConferenceExpo YouTube Channel
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.