Here's a roundup of today's other search news and headlines from around the web, sorted by category.
Search Industry News
- Viacom Appeal: YouTube Hits Back, Says It's A Good Net Citizen - paidContent
- There's no place like home for math education - Official Google Blog
- Real-time traffic graphs for the Transparency Report - Official Google Blog
- Protecting users from malicious downloads - Chromium Blog
Search Engine Optimization
- How to Optimize Your Images For Search Engine Traffic - Michael Gray
- Top 10 SEO Lessons Learned From Angry Birds - Search Engine Roundtable
- When Black Hat Becomes More Ethical Than White Hat - SEO.com
- Opportunities tab optimization ideas now available through the AdWords API (beta) - AdWords Agency Blog
Social Media Marketing
- Obama To Visit Facebook On April 20 - The Wall Street Journal
- How to Add Facebook Questions into your Social Media Strategy - BlueGlass
- Can Real-Time Marketing Be Without Elephant-sized Backlash? - Outspoken Media
- Twitter, Facebook, Groupon, and Social Media - What Online Advertisers Need to Know - ClickZ
- 5 Ways Hiding Your Social Presence Hurts You - Outspoken Media
- Twitter to offer brands Facebook-style pages - Marketing Magazine
- How To Manage Twitter: Do It Your Way - SEOmoz
- Verizon Takes a Big Twitter Shot for March Madness - ClickZ
- Using PPC for Local SEO - SEO Book.com
- ¡WEPA! Google Wants to Learn Your Kind of Spanish - ClickZ
- Feds probe privacy violations involving smartphone app data - San Jose Mercury News
- Google Books for iOS gets landscape mode and search - 9 to 5 Mac
- Apparent Google music app leaks to Web - CNET News
SES Conference & Expo
- Social media marketing for SMBs with Breeze Social at SES New York 2011 - SESConferenceExpo YouTube Channel
- Interactive web content marketers must integrate in order to survive at SES - SESConferenceExpo YouTube Channel
- Key trends in the move from search to display advertising at SES London 2011 - SESConferenceExpo YouTube Channel
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.