Here's a roundup of today's other search news and headlines from around the web, sorted by category.
Search Industry News
- Overstock.com says Google penalty hurt sales - Reuters
- Google Tests a Search Option for Definitions - Google Operating System
- 1 billion computing core-hours for researchers to tackle huge scientific challenges - Official Google Blog
- If the green jacket fits... - Official Google Blog
- Announcing the 2011 Google Policy Fellows - Google Public Policy Blog
- Weekly Yahoo! Search Trends - April 8, 2011 - Yodel Anecdotal
- It's Not Just the Message in Your Ad, It's the Meta-Message - ClickZ
- Your New PPC Secret Weapon: The Search Funnel and Keywords - Certified Knowledge
Social Media Marketing
- Facebook Transparency Lessons from Lady Gaga - BlueGlass
- Facebook Redesigns Like Button - All Facebook
- Google Will Trigger More Antitrust Complaints to EU Agency, Almunia Says - Bloomberg
- Russian spy agency complains about Gmail, Skype - Reuters
- Bing's Streetside Already Facing Objections In Germany - Search Engine Land
- Facebook, Human Rights Groups Side With YouTube Against Viacom - Mashable
- The 10 types of online video that brands should embrace with gusto - Econsultancy
- Blinkx Acquires Burst for $30M - ClickZ
SES Conference & Expo
- Content Marketing Optimization -- Digital assets, rich media, web pages, consumer opportunities - SESConferenceExpo YouTube Channel
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!