Here's a roundup of today's other search news and headlines from around the web, sorted by category.
Search Industry News
- Overstock.com says Google penalty hurt sales - Reuters
- Google Tests a Search Option for Definitions - Google Operating System
- 1 billion computing core-hours for researchers to tackle huge scientific challenges - Official Google Blog
- If the green jacket fits... - Official Google Blog
- Announcing the 2011 Google Policy Fellows - Google Public Policy Blog
- Weekly Yahoo! Search Trends - April 8, 2011 - Yodel Anecdotal
- It's Not Just the Message in Your Ad, It's the Meta-Message - ClickZ
- Your New PPC Secret Weapon: The Search Funnel and Keywords - Certified Knowledge
Social Media Marketing
- Facebook Transparency Lessons from Lady Gaga - BlueGlass
- Facebook Redesigns Like Button - All Facebook
- Google Will Trigger More Antitrust Complaints to EU Agency, Almunia Says - Bloomberg
- Russian spy agency complains about Gmail, Skype - Reuters
- Bing's Streetside Already Facing Objections In Germany - Search Engine Land
- Facebook, Human Rights Groups Side With YouTube Against Viacom - Mashable
- The 10 types of online video that brands should embrace with gusto - Econsultancy
- Blinkx Acquires Burst for $30M - ClickZ
SES Conference & Expo
- Content Marketing Optimization -- Digital assets, rich media, web pages, consumer opportunities - SESConferenceExpo YouTube Channel
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.