What's new in search? Find out here, with these links to some of the latest topics being discussed in our own Search Engine Watch Forums, and other search marketing forums across the Web:
But Is The Traffic Any Good?
"Unless a site sells CPM based advertising, traffic for traffic's sake is not really the goal. So what about Social Media? Is the traffic worth it?"
What is Your Best AdSense Tip?
Search Engine Watch Forums
"I am always asked, "What is your best AdSense tip?" Here are my five best."
Ranking Without Links
"So far in my forum dwelling years, I've encountered several claims of ranking without linkage. Upon investigation, they all fall into three types..."
Why Is Wikipedia On Top in Search Results?
"I've noticed in many searches for business names or people over the past few months that Wikipedia is now the No. 1 or 2 result. Is Google promoting a non-profit site over others or just the huge traffic Wikipedia is getting?"
3 Basic SEO Questions That I Can't Find Answers To
"I have spent a while searching around for answers to these, and just can't find them."
Removing AdSense Ads Daily From 12 - 8 a.m.
"The idea is based on the value of clicks being lower during the night, pulling down the site, potentially leading to smart pricing."
SEO Pros: What Is Your Desired Method Of Billing Clients?
High Rankings Forum
"What is your desired method of billing your clients for your SEO services?"
Geotargeting With PPC
"Suppose you're selling something that has regional distribution channels. Do you let Google or Yahoo do the geotargeting for you, or do you geotarget yourself?"
Optimising each page for different keywords
Search Engine Watch Forums
"Is it better to optimize each page for its own keywords, or try to optimize the whole site for the same keywords?"
We report the top search marketing news daily at the Search Engine Watch Blog. You'll find more news from around the Web below.
- Google’s Lasnik Wishes "NoFollow Didn’t Exist", Marketing Pilgrim
- Yahoo Panama - Pros and Cons, Stepforth SEO Blog
- Bloggers Face-Off: Darren Rowse vs. Jeremy Shoemaker, Daily Blog Tips
- MediaPost Raw: Live from the 4A's Conference, MediaPost
- Google Listing Duplicate URLs in Site Search, Marketing Pilgrim
- Follow The Consumer: Microsoft Going Nearly All Digital By 2010, MediaPost
- The "About 260" Problem: Google Site: Command Glitch, Search Engine Land
- Personalized Homepage Adds Community Features, Google Operating System
- Two Clarifications on How Search Engines Interpret Links, SEOmoz
- .02% - Google’s New Favorite Number For Click Fraud, SEM Clubhouse
- Tips for starting out in Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Tigers
- Top 20 things that scares the bajeezus out of Search Marketers, Finding the Sweet Spot
- Google Apps in first collapse, ZDNet Software as Services Blog
Editor's note: A special thanks to Peter Da Vanzo and John Scott of v7n for their help in compiling the Search Engine Forums Spotlight.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!