Coverage of Netscape Search is no longer maintained by Search Engine Watch. This is because the service has declined in popularity and operate very similar to AOL Search.
- For more about AOL Search, see the How AOL Search Works page.
- For articles relating to Netscape Search specifically since Sept. 2004, see the Netscape section of Search Topics.
- For articles relating to Netscape Search from Search Engine Watch from before Sept. 2004, see the section below.
- AOL Renews With Google, Oct. 2003
- AOL Moves Fully To Google, Aug. 2002
- Searching The AOL Time Warner Way, Nov. 2001
- GoTo Expands To AOL, Netscape, 10/00
- Playboy Loses In Excite Banner Dispute, 8/99
- Netscape Search Gets Rebuilt, 7/99
- Google Goes Forward, 7/99
- Netscape Enhances Smart Browsing, 6/99
- Netscape's Smart Browsing Matures, 4/99
- Excite, Netscape Sued Over Banner Ads, 3/99
- Netscape Integrates Directory, 2/99
- AOL Buys Netscape, Dec. 1998
- Direct Hit Begins Netscape Trial, Has New Partners, 11/98
- NewHoo Becomes Netscape Open Directory, 11/98
- Netscape Smart Browsing Available, Debated, 8/98
- Out of Beta: Netscape and Microsoft Debut Changes, 7/98
- Smart Browsers Ease Searching, 7/98
- New Netscape Line-Up, 6/98
- Netscape, Yahoo Under Fire Over Guide Listings, 9/97
- Excite Gets International Netscape Guide, 8/97
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!